Saturday, July 16, 2011

Does a Young Woman Forget Her Jewelry?

“Does a young woman forget her jewelry? Does a bride hide her wedding dress? Yet for years on end my people have forgotten me.”... God (as recorded in the book of Jeremiah Chapter 2 verse 32)

How could a bride EVER hide her wedding dress? Even the thought is preposterous! As I read this verse earlier in the week, my heart cringed. It is so true. We would not think of hiding a dress or forgetting jewelry but we routinely forget God. God is the only One who would never leave us or forsake us yet we routinely ignore and forget about Him unless we’re in a jam. We think more of our material possessions than we do of the Ultimate Lover of our soul!

Lord, please forgive me for the times I have forgotten You. Please draw me closer into Your solid embrace. Help me to develop such a deep vibrant relationship with you that even the thought that I would forget you for even one day would sound as ludicrous as a bride hiding her wedding dress. I love You. Help me to learn to love You more.

No comments: