Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Photo Says It All

As I was taking the photo, I was focused on Jesus on the cross – dying on it – so that we can have access to God – an active relationship – even today.



The first time I noticed that a reflection of me was in the photo was later in the day when I was watching a video of the photos taken.



It is striking to me and it communicates so much truth. From the perspective of the cross – I am there – taking a photo. From Jesus’s perspective – I am there.



As Jesus hung dying on the cross, he was not doing it for his own glory nor was he doing it just to go back to the place from which he came. He did it for you. He did it for me.



Disobedience to the will of God – sin - would have kept us forever separated from God. The only sinless man gave up his life, followed the will of the Father even through the pain and suffering, so that we could experience the true life we were created to enjoy.



ON the cross, Jesus not only saw the people immediately present, but he saw me. He saw you. He did it for us.

No comments: