Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Trip to the Dentist


Today I went to the dentist for my teeth cleaning.  Do I have the words to express how much I HATE going to the dentist?  No!  I hate it! My teeth are horrible. Dentists, in my dictionary, means pain – physical and financial.  I've always had problems with my teeth. So, it hurts every time I go. 
 
Today was better than most.

As the hygienist was cleaning my teeth, I caught myself rehearsing in my mind how much I HATE coming to the dentist.  She was just doing her job and as the minutes paced along (which seemed like hours) my internal attitude kept getting worse.

Then I remembered to “Jesus Pray”.  “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner”.  I repeated this several times and as the time passed my attitude improved.    I began to pray God’s blessing on the hygienist  and all who worked there.

Wow. My attitude was much better when I left than when I arrived.  I am giving thanks to God for helping me this day.

No comments: