Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prayers for Scott and Jean

Thank you for your prayers for my friends, Scott and Jean Adam.  As you perhaps have heard, they were murdered by the Somali Pirates.

Though the ending was not what I desired, they are safe and in no fear or pain now that they are in the presence of Jesus whom they loved very much.  One day, I will be reunited with them.

I sincerely appreciate the time you gave to pray for them.  We don’t know now how God used our prayers, but He is faithful and good.  Perhaps one day we will know…even if it is only after we have joined them.

I also appreciate your prayers for their family and friends.  I personally have not seen them in many years.  It has been several years since my early days at Quest, a church plant in Bakersfield, CA. I enjoyed serving together with the Adams on  several outreaches to those in need as well as on missions just to be a blessing to others.  I’ve been reminiscing about our time together all day and am very thankful that God allowed us to share part of our spiritual journey together. I was blessed just recently to be reconnected with them on Facebook.

As when any tragedy occurs I am reminded how short our time on earth is.   At any moment any one of us can move on to the next phase of our journey leaving this world and on to be with Jesus.  Throughout the day I have been reminded of what is most important: 
1) To ever increase in my knowledge of loving God with all of my heart, mind and strength 
2) To love and honor people in my life…I never know how long we will have with one another 
3) To keep short accounts and forgive.  

I am so thankful that  I have good memories of the last time I saw the Adams.

Again, thank you for your prayers.

4 American hostages killed by pirates, US says

No comments: