Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do Not Fear - I Will Help You

I've taken some time away from the computer to begin reading one if my resource books to prepare for my upcoming lectures.

Barnabas has taken a run and is now settled in the shade to enjoy his freedom and a chew bone. We are both enjoying the soft wind and I must say I enjoy the warmth of the sun more than he does

I caught myself becoming anxious about the task ahead of me. God is SO big and I know so little. Sometimes I begin to ponder will I even be able to put together the outline that God wants me to lead the class into. Realizing these ponderings were causing me to have only a short attention to my study... I realized I needed God's help . He has to help me develop the outline and to choose the key points he wants his students to know.  I closed my books and went to prayer. I prayed for my community and then started praying about my assignment. I felt led to stop and read the daily renewal by Kenneth Boa.

This led me straight to the verse from Isaiah ... 41:13

"For I am the lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

If that was not God  speaking directly into my present circumstance, then  I've never heard him.  And the truth is that he communicates with me often.

I just had to stop to share this praise of the Lord. He is so faithful to me and is concerned for what concerns me.

Because God is going to help me, I can teach His words! 



No comments: