Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Morning- April 22, 2011 6:30 am

The night was good.  I had deep sound sleep most of the night.  Only once was I startled awake by very loud shreek sound. It seems when someone in the room above me turns on water it makes a terrible loud screeching noise.  But as they say here “No problem”!  I just put in my ear plugs and was able to return to my deep sleep.

God surprised me again this morning when I opened my email.  One of my best high  school friends, Lenore, sent me a Scripture prayer. She is praying Ps 20:4 for me: “ May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed”  She is praying verse 5 for herself: “ We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banner in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.”   Words escape me when I try to express the depth of my joy when I discover such a friend from so long ago is also a sister in Christ.  We found each other again through our connections on Facebook and now I know we will share eternal life together.

Good Friday Noon-
Since the school was closed for Good Friday, Julie and I ventured out again into the main part of the city to exchange the lamp bought last week for one that works and also to get postcards.  Our taxi driver also took us to another craft place where we were able to find a few more items we want to bring home.

Speaking of our Taxi driver, his name is Apollo.  He is a very good driver, reliable and watches out for our well-being.  I feel quite comfortable with him as our driver.  Although he does not know much English, it is enough to get the job done.  He is a Muslim which prompts me to pray for God to open his mind and heart to experience the love of Jesus Christ.  Julie and I will try to use only his driving services when we run errands. 

The students asked me to preach on Monday at the Holy Communion service so I will prepare the sermon this weekend.  Studies will also occupy my time as I prepare for next week and also devise the final exam.

God has given us good strong internet connection today. I asked others to join me to pray for this and God in his mercy gave it.  Answered prayer does SO much to strengthen and build my faith.

No comments: