Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Morning – April 28, 2011


It is barely 5 am here.  My alarm clock was a screeching sound which I have still to determine it’s origination.  I have one theory. Maybe  it has to do with the water system that the kitchen uses.  It is amazing how early they arrive. This morning it must have been between 3:30 and 4:00 am!  Their entrance is very near my back window.  I’ll have to become a detective to find out!

For most of the past week, our days have become rather routine.  Up early, individual morning devotions, breakfast, travel to school, chapel , class, tea break, class, lunch, tea break and back in the truck to return to the AEE Guest House.  Dinner is served between 7 and 7:30 at night. ( Oh, by the way, the truck that had  to be grounded for a couple of days due to the fact that they had no money for fuel…is back on the road again.).  We are beginning to get a program together so that Julie can experience more of Rwanda.

I am hearing news from home via FB of the terrible tornados in my homeland..South.  I am eager to hear how my friends are doing.  I want to get home to help them as soon as I can and at the same time I know that I need to be here to finish my task. 

In class today, we will review the material of the course to help prepare.  While the students have a study day tomorrow, Julie and I will go to the north to meet my Compassion International child.  The travel will give Julie an opportunity to see more of the country.

I need to go for now to prepare for class.  I hope to write later today of our adventure at the Post Office here!

Blessings- Vicki

No comments: