Friday, October 26, 2012

It's All In The Timing


The last couple of weeks I've been training for a part-time job at the Daleville Country Store as the morning biscuit maker & cook.  The hours (3:30 am – 7:00 am) though early, enable me to continue to focus on starting St Peter’s Anglican Mission and the ministry of Emmanuel Connections for the rest of the day.

I never dreamed I would be cooking for pay! I hardly ever cook for myself much less anyone else! I am learning SO much!  Just as God uses Barnabas to teach me faith lessons so He is using this job!
It’s all in the timing.  Every morning there are about 5 timers I am managing….setting, starting – waiting …and watching  and then stopping– all at various times.  All are necessary in order to get all the tasks done at the right time so that there is food for sale once the doors open at 5 am. Something is always cooking: the biscuits, sausage, steak, ham, bacon, egg, and each at its own pace. Yet, at the right time, everything comes together, cooked to perfection and placed together to make a delicious bite to eat for the hungry workers who stop by for breakfast.  It is truly amazing how the precise timing for each part is necessary for the finished product to turn out right.

My cooking experience teaches that waiting while a component for the biscuit is cooking to its right time is required for the biscuit to taste good.  So it is with life.  When I am waiting for an answer to prayer (that I know is in the will of God) God is directly some component of the prayer request to be complete in order for the end result to be complete and in correct order.    Trusting in God’s timing is essential.   When all the pieces and parts of the prayer request are ready, He will bring it together to form the perfect end result.

Are you waiting on an answer to prayer that you know is completely with in the will of God?  Take a few moments to ponder what might have to occur.  In other words, ask, yourself, “What are the pieces and parts that have to take place in order for this prayer request to be answered?”  Ask God to show you.  Then continue to pray…. And never… never ...give up.  It’s all in God’s timing.

No comments: