Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday Morning Chores



It is Tuesday.  This is the day that the garbage is picked up in Daleville.  Betty gathers our discards from the downstairs and I from my bedroom and loft.  Next, I routinely let Barnabas out of “his house” so that together we can do the chore of taking it all to the street.  We do all this while I chat away to Barnabas - he just wags his tail as he prances along.

Then we go over to our neighbors’ house and take theirs out too.  I am still a bit stronger and more mobile than they are, so it helps them in some small way. 

Next it’s time to make sure the birds, squirrels and chipmunks have a bite to eat.  We fill up the bird feeders
and spread some on the ground for whoever shall have a need to fill their tummy.  We take some food to put in the neighbor’s yard as well so they can enjoy watching the critters from their porch.


It’s been raining so it’s a bit damp in the yard.  I notice Barnabas’s paw prints on the stepping stones as we go.  Soon they will evaporate.  I give thanks to God for bringing us together.  I needed him. He needed me.  I pray that my memories of the simple tasks we do together and the remembrance of the gift God has given to us in each other do not fade with the paw print on the stone.

Now – to feed Barnabas.  I too will take a bite to eat.  I am so thankful that God has given us both food to eat.

Normal routine tasks.  Every Tuesday they are the same.  But we are not.  We are different from yesterday because of the experiences we have been given.  I pray that we've given time back to God by bringing ourselves in ton God’s presence. I pray that He has transformed us just a bit more in His likeness.  We’ll be different people tomorrow.  I am praying that I will have made some change in the way I think, what I do and who I am because of the experiences He gives to me today. Even while doing the routine, mundane tasks, God’s presence is new every day.  Maybe it will be evident to you that I changed just a bit- and maybe not. Pray for me as I pray for you.
 
Computer is now on the porch. Barnabas is nearby.  I begin to write.  Pray with me that God will use all that He has given to me through experiences of my life – to write His words for you to read this day- or tomorrow.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you this day and always.
Vicki+

No comments: